Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

can a costs draftsman draw a bill of costs for a company when

Customer Question

can a costs draftsman draw a bill of costs for a company when you told him it has been struck off the Register of Companies
can this bill be taxed?
can a gross sum bill suffice for a taxation before a taxing master in a case such as this?
Expert:  Buachaill replied 2 years ago.
Customer:

1. See the other answer I have given in relation to this matter. Essentially, I say you should sue this costs draftsman for negligence and resist the claim. Be aware that a gross sum will can suffice on a taxation before a Master. However, taxing a bill of costs when it is statute barred and not advising the client of this is gross negligence on the part of the law costs draftsman.

Customer:

2. Be aware additionally, that is strictly necessary to put a limited company back on the Register of Companies before it can claim costs off any party. Accordingly, this is a wasted operation seeking costs when a company is dissolved and the claim is statute barred in any event. Negligence here!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I can't get the company back on as its over 6 years, 8 years now,

and the president of the company refuses to put it back on and has opened up 2 new companies?

any ideas?

Expert:  Buachaill replied 2 years ago.
3. As you are probably aware, the time limit for restoration is six years under s.1030(4) of the Companies Act, 2006. Then the solution is to sue the professional people involved, including your own solicitor for any loss suffered due to negligent advice. This means you have to turn on your solicitor. It may also transpire that he will get your money back then!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

You're SO CLEVER !!!

Can I rate you EXCELLENT AGAIN? ANYWHERE?

Expert:  Buachaill replied 2 years ago.
Please leave a bonus.