75100385

My local water company recently replaced, at my considerable

Customer Question

My local water company recently replaced, at my considerable expense, the water main into my house. Before the work they sent a contract describing what they would do and what my builder had to do in preparation. They required me to pay in advance which I did. Part of the contract was that they would close off the old mains pipe. On the day their contractor, in the presence of my builder, looked at the task of capping off the old pipe and declared it "too difficult" and left. My builder has spoken to the company about the failure to fulfill the contract and, in the absence of any response from them, I have too. They are now saying that the inclusion in the contract of the capping off was a "mistake" and they aren't going to do anything. In the meantime one of their own inspectors has recently visited the site and confirmed to my builder that the redundant main poses a threat to the envirenment and if it fails could contaminate my neighbours' water supply. What can I do?
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Alex Watts : Have you had a surveyor out please?