12826847

Hi. I have a similar question, but through very different

Customer Question

Hi. I have a similar question, but through very different circumstances
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It's a boundary dispute. My mother purchased land at the bottom of her garden about 7 years ago. She purchased it from a property where that land ran at 90 degrees across the bottom of her garden. So the original bottom of their garden became the left hand side boundary of hers. So like an L shape where the corner has changed ownership. The land is higher on my mother's side than on the neighbor's that is on the other side of the original bottom wall. A retaining wall is there. The retaining wall continues along the back of 7 further properties as the neighbour is actually a business property. The site has been there for 100 years or so and by old maps seemed to be an orchard before. My mum's house is about the same age. Her postcode is ME10 3 AB. The business has the land adjacent to the wall set out as parking. Over the years a number of large vehicles have hit the wall. The owner erected a low level barrier to prevent this but it hasn't been completely effective and is now in a state of disrepair. There has now appeared a large cracking in the wall in the section where her garden is. The land owner of the business estate has written to her saying that they hold her responsible for the wall and that if it falls and damages anything they would claim against her. The wall is about 10ft high from their side and 5 ft from hers. The buttresses are on their side. They have said that they had a similar problem with the boundary further along. But the wall there is of a different structure, the houses in that section have sheds that are part of the structure of the wall. The bricks are different to those in the wall at our boundary. Also the wall at our boundary, where it meets the wall further down that I have just described, actually starts in front of that wall. If you reply by email I can send you some pictures. The question is. Who should pay for the repairs?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

There is nothing in the deeds to clarify

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have had an email asking me to increase my price to 33, however there is no option to increase the price to 33 in the drop down box. You have not answered my question but you have still taken 19.

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi, when I got your email earlier I clicked the link but was taken to a server down page. I have now read the above and am prepared to wait. However please explain why I have been charged when you haven't answered the question.

I will ask Customer Support to contact you to explain the payment process.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can close this question and return your good faith deposit to the original funding source on request.
Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
I hope you will give JustAnswer a try again in the future,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Can you say if this is a matter of price? If I increase the bid will it like help to find someone to answer? If you think not then yes please refund the full amount I have paid.