12826847

I own a flat with a share of the freehold. The management company

Customer Question

I own a flat with a share of the freehold. The management company is made up of other flat owners. Since I bought the flat I have had problems with the roof leaking. On the previous occasions repairs have been carried out (and re-done sometimes when necessary). When I discovered the last leak in June, buckets were put in the roof space and I was told the contractor would be called to fix the leaks. However, I discovered that the buckets were left and no repair was done. Water has since come through my ceiling again. The management company are refusing to carry out repairs to the roof above my flat because they want to replace the whole roof. However, this has apparently been under discussion for many years and nothing has happened. How can I force the management company of fix the leaks above my flat now and not have to wait who knows how long for the whole roof to be fixed?
Expert:  Lara-cssm replied 3 years ago.
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you.
http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/8qtpl-own-flat-share-freehold-management-company.html
Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team.
Expert:  Alex J. replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question and welcome.
Have you got a record of the damage done to date?
What had it cost you in temporary repairs and damages to personal property?
AJ