13262538

Wills.. if a new will has been made and not signed and another

Wills.. if a new will has been made and not signed and another will was made that was signed some years ago which will is legal,, my sister has seen both wills but will not show me and she wants me to say i will except the new un signed will, can i ask the solicitor to show me both wills,, my sister raided my mothers house while mum was in hospital and now has a copy of the old will and also the new will,,,,I have not seen any
Thank you for your question
My name is ***** ***** I am sorry for your loss
I will do my best to help you
The only Will which is legal is the one that is signed - the other one has o relevance at all UNLESS all the beneficiaries under the Old Will agree to a Deed of Variation to reflect the provisions of the new Will.
To sign such such a deed you will have to know the contents of both Wills.
I suggest that you ask the solicitor who the named Executors are of the actual signed Will.
If you are one then you are entitled to see it - and you can also ask about the contents of the new one.
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I dont think there is any named executors in the new will, however both myself and sister are named in the will as benificiares, can I still request to see both wills

Who are the executors of the only signed Will?
At this stage they are the only people entitled to see the Will
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

to be honest i am sure, would this be the solicitors? there is three people named as benificiares, myself , sister and her daughter, I have never seen either will but the old will which was dated 2004 was kept at my mothers but my sister has taken it and of course denies this now, she also collected my mothers mail and took the new draft will but it was never signed, so she has seen both wills but wants me to agree to something i have not seen, to be honest my mother only passed on thursday and I am still making arrangements for her,, so I find it very distasteful what my sister is doing.

Do you know who the Solicitor is?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes i do it is dicksons in hanley stoke on trent and the actual solicitor is adele baskerville