Matt Jones
Matt Jones, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified and practising Solicitor with over 7 years post qualification experience
13732703

i have a contract to promote an organisation for two years

i have a contract to promote an organisation for two years back in 2004 and we verblely both decided to carry on and want to carry on is this legal ?
Expert:  Matt Jones replied 2 years ago.
Matt Jones :

Hi i will try and help

Matt Jones :

do you have an idea how ling you would wish to carry this activity on for?

Matt Jones :

*long

Customer:

Hi We are just about to sign a new contract tomorrow but was just wondering if we where ok and legal with what we have just carring on from 04 till now ?

Matt Jones :

OK thanks. Yes absolutely. Many businesses, and personal contracts run and are extended and/or varied verbally. A verbal agreement and variation to them are as legally binding and anything in writing

Matt Jones :

The only thing that you need to consider is that something in writing is far more certain and in the case of any dispute you can always point to a written agreement to assist in any resolution.

Customer:

ment 06 Matt as thats when the old contract date ran out but verble has carried on

Matt Jones :

ok, the same principles apply as i have stated above. The contract will continue through your verbal agreement and your course of dealings.

Matt Jones :

does this help?

Customer:

Yes thank you Matt

Matt Jones :

no problem. If you are happy please leave me positive feedback that way I get paid for my time this eve. the question wont close and you can always come back and ask follow up questions on the subject later on if you like

Customer:

OK will leave you it now and thanks