LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
76316425

Hello! I would like to know if it is possible to sue a cab

Customer Question

Hello!
I would like to know if it is possible to sue a cab company.Friday night i have booked a cab from http://www.localcars.co/Booking.aspx for Saturday morning 03:05.Despite receiving an email confirmation,the cab never arrived.I phoned them at 03:05 but i've been told that there is no confirmation for that hour and that i should have stated 03:05 a.m. although in their booking template the numbers are from 0 to 24 which makes it impossible to mention if the booking is for a.m. or p.m.My question is if i have a case.If needed i can provide the email confirmation and the text message they have sent me.Thank you.
Best regards,
Renato
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 2 years ago.
Customer:

Hello, I am solicitor with 20 years experience I will try to answer this.

Customer:

You had an agreement for them to attend at a particular time to perform the service of carrying you or another somewhere. This is a breach of contract situation and if they failed to perform the agreed duties and you suffered loss as a result you may well be able to seek compensation for the losses you suffered as a result of their breach. Did you suffer any losses?

JACUSTOMER-mtxlmgml- :

Not really.i have found another cab and i arrived in time at the office

JACUSTOMER-mtxlmgml- :

Hello!is anyone going to give me an answer?

Customer:

Yes. If you have suffered no loss then you will not be able to sue for compensation.

Customer:

The point of suing is to get payment of damages to remedy any loss or suffering you have expereinced through another's wrongdoing.

JACUSTOMER-mtxlmgml- :

So,in order to get compensation you have to lose your job?

Customer:

Or suffer loss. for example if you missed a flight due to the company's failure and missed out on a holiday as a result then you could seek compensation from them.

Customer:

I am surprised you have given me bad rating. I think I have answered your question clearly and quickly. I would be grateful if you would please change the rating.

JACUSTOMER-mtxlmgml- : Luckily i have found another cab in time so there was no loss.but i did panic and from panic to heart attack or other thigs it is a small step
Customer:

But fortunately no health problems resulted?