29905560

Good Morning Ben Just after some more advice please, The

Good Morning Ben
Just after some more advice please, The Claim was submitted and a court hearing was last week for 30 minutes that went very well in our favour. I have been asked by the Court Judge to amend the claim. I have to put my husbands name on the claim and the defendants full company name. Not sure how to go about this. Can you advise
Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. I will check the relevant rules and get back to you today, thanks

Customer:

Thank You Ben.

Ben Jones :

Hi, you need to write to the court with an application notice to amend the parties to the claim. This is simply a letter where you state that following the court’s order on [date] you seek to amend the parties to the claim and then mention the specific details of what you want to change. You must also include a new claim form or statement of case with the new details included on them, so basically all the documents you have sent to date to make the claim you need to send again, simply substituting the relevant details you are changing. When you send the application you should also send a copy to the other party. Also don’t forget to include the claim number with the letter.

Customer:

Is the application notice basically the completion of a form that I obtain from the courts to accompany the letter ?

Ben Jones :

it is not a specific form, it is just a letter stating that you are making an application to amend the parties to the claim as per the court's order on the date it was made, either the hearing date or if you were issued with a written order, the date on there

Customer:

o right, ok I understand, thank you ben.

Ben Jones :

you are welcome

Customer:

many thanks ben.... much appreciated, kind regards

Ben Jones :

all the best