Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

A wife has arranged for two friends to have Lasting Power of

A wife has arranged for two friends to have Lasting Power of Attorney. The wife is subsequently unable to manage her affairs but the husband who is not one of the Attorneys
is still alive. Who then controls the wife's welfare, affairs and assets? The wife has made a will that leaves everything to the husband.
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 2 years ago.

Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.

My name is ***** ***** am happy to assist you with your enquiry.

On the basis that the Lasting Power of Attorney has been validly executed, then the appointed Attorneys have the power and duty to deal with her affairs, despite the fact that her husband is still alive.

A Will only comes into operation on the Wife's death, and therefore her assets during her lifetime are to be controlled by her Attorneys.

I hope this assists and sets out the legal position to you.

Kind Regards

AL

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

"For Aston Lawer"

Thank you. If the husband becomes the third Attorney can he have the power to overide the decisions of the other two Attornies?