LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
76316425

I have lost £30000 on the same property to the same seller

Customer Question

I have lost £30000 on the same property to the same seller at two different auctions. what are my chances of getting anything back.
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 3 years ago.
Customer:

Hello, I am a solicitor with 20 years experience. I will try to help you with this.

Customer:

Can you just tell me how you lost this money to the seller?

JACUSTOMER-5zqmddoi- :

I was not able to complete within the contract period, even though I was given 5 days extra. The seller put the property back to another auction without given me the chance to negotiate .

JACUSTOMER-5zqmddoi- :

The second time we were one day over the period due to communications between the solicitor involved.

Customer:

I see so you won the auction and then weren't able to go through with the sale in the time required. I am afraid this will be governed strictly by the terms of the sale contract and if you are in breach of a condition which triggers a forfeiture then there is unlikely to be anything you can do about it. If you failed to honour the contact because of the solicitors failing to act properly then you may have a claim against them for the money lost as a result of their default.