How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

My 23yr old grandson has told his mother that he was sexually

Resolved Question:

My 23yr old grandson has told his mother that he was sexually abused when younger by his step brother who is six years older. Can he bring a prosecution against him now. He was 6/9yrs old at the time of the abuse. Can you advise please. Thank you.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Yes he can complain to the Police. The Police can investigate and prosecute. There is no time bar to offences of this nature, but clearly the longer it is the harder it can be to prove.
So he can go to the Police and make a complaint.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you