75100385

I am being bullied and threatened by NPOWER for an alleged

Customer Question

I am being bullied and threatened by NPOWER for an alleged debt of £184.22 that I do NOT owe them. Their solicitors, WILKIN CHAPMAN have issued me with an ultimatum "Unless we receive payment of this sum within fourteen days of the date of this letter (27th October 2014) we are instructed to issue Court Proceedings without further notice." I have a "dossier" over my "battle" with npower INCLUDING a letter from one of their Executives, telling me that they "made a mistake" in their accounting (putting all my DD payments into my Electricity account, instead of splitting it with the Gas account as well, and that the Credit acrued would be offset against the Gas bill, and that "the balance of £54.36 would be written off as a gesture of goodwill." I am a retired pensioner with a disabled wife. We live in Calne, Wiltshire. My name is***** DoB: 25-01-1944. Please help...
What would you like to know about this please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Dear Jo

As a retired pensioner, I can't afford to take npower to court for, what I percieve to be, harassment for something I do not owe. I want someone with your experience and expertise to tell them so, please. Can you help?

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Do you still need help?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes please

Ok - you really do not need to worry and do anything.
You have moved suppliers, the Ombudsman is in your favour.
Therefore if they want to pursue the debt they could issue a small claim against you - even if you lose then you would only be liable for limited Court fees.
But the ball is in their Court, you need not do anything.
You would be able to seek a Court order to stop them harassing you, but that would mean you would need to issue proceedings and seek a Court order.
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Alex, the point I'm trying to make is, I do NOT owe them anything and, in fact, THEY owe me compensation or some kind of recompense for their constant unnecessary and unwarranted harassment. I can quote you cases of the "little man" who took the energy giant - npower - to court and won. I do NOT want to pay ANYTHING, not to npower, to the court or anyone. I find their behaviour to be bullying and intimidating. No one at npower seems to be able to read. They spend time shuffling paper around and picking numbers out of the air and then WE, the small pensioners, suffer. I hear you when you say that the ball is in their court, but believe me, if they decide to take me to a Small Claims court, then I shall represent myself and produce MY evidence that I owe them nothing and then I shall ask for the case to be thrown out, THEN I shall claim compensation for the two years plus of stress that both my wife and I have suffered over this debacle.

Ray

Indeed. You can issue proceedings if you want.
But I would wait for them and if they do you can COUNTER CLAIM
Does that help?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you Alex, that is indeed helpful advice; only wish it didn't come to this, but I do NOT intend to be bullied, nor for my disabled wife to suffer because of their bully-boy tactics and behaviour.

I wish you well in all that you do and good fortune for your future.

Sincerely

Dennis Ray LaBorde

Thank you Dennis.
Good luck too. Please do take a moment to rate before you go today.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

EXCELLENT service. Already rated and "tip" added.

Sincerely

Dennis Ray LaBorde

Thank you, ***** *****