12826847

I am exec of my late mothers estate, Am I personally responsible to the energy company? Th

Customer Question

I am exec of my late mothers estate, Am I personally responsible to the energy company? They will not tell me anything about a warrant they obtained to remove the meter.
She died in 2007 I sent all paperwork to EDF I was intending to let or sell the property but this has not happened as I have had to invest heavily in the property to make it habitual. I accept the sum owed has to be paid but they say when I informed them of the death I formed a contract with them, now they want about £130 for electricity and £300 daily standing charge. despite. When asking for the terms of this contract they wont supply and they will not supply transcript of the telephone call under Data laws. Interestingly they say I undertook to pay the account in a year when the property was sold or let but this has never happened. After this standing charges apply. All they have done is send me bills no other paperwork. The bill are in my name with executor on them
Do you accept that you used electricity whilst working on the property?