13262538

We own fractional timeshare in Diamond resorts with 14 years

We own fractional timeshare in Diamond resorts with 14 years left. We have been contacted by the Timeshare Advice Bureau telling us that our fractional points purchase was a scam and that we will still be paying maintenance fees in perpetuity. Who, if anyone, do I trust ? Mike

I have waited an hour for a response. Do you need more information? I imagine you have had requests re Diamond Resorts Timeshare before.

Have they offered to help you for a fee by any chance?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Not yet. Two 'phone calls so far. I postponed his next call due to my terminally ill daughter. According to " Mindtimeshare" on the net, the "Information Advice Bureau" provide a "dubious helpline" and were originally the "International Timeshare Refund Action Group"

Mike

I am so sorry for your trouble - I know how hard it is.
The bot***** *****ne is as you have already surmised - this is an attempt to remove money from you
This is not to say that Diamond do not have a reputation of their own - but they are bound by the agreement that they have made with you - and there is no evidence of the claims that this other firm has made.
In fact you should complain to Diamond that these people have your details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It seems to me , through their documentation that there appears to be a clear intention to sell the property in Dec 2027 - " each property shall be sold on, or as soon as reasonably practical, after the Proposed Sale date" There is also specified a process including obtaining valuations between 9 and 6 months before the proposed sale date.

Owners remain responsible for the payment of management fees until the property is sold which I presume is the danger. It will be some time yet before the first properties are due to be put up for sale. I still feel that I am in a better position now than I was - or my children were - previously before transferring to fractional points, when faced with the prospect of paying management fees until 2054. Am I correct ?

Mike

I agree - Diamond were forced to do something and this is what they have done - it is unlikely that they will take the risk of it causing even more negative publicity
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

So if you were in my shoes, would you just hope that Diamond do manage to sell the property in 2017 ?

Have you dealt with any other Diamond members previously ?

Mike

I have dealt with many Diamond members - and I would wait it out