UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I have lived in the UK for the past 45 years and been married

I have lived in the UK for the past 45 years and been married to my husband for 45 years he is English. Last week I was refused entrance in to USA because on my Esta form it say under Country of citizenship --UK British Citizen. I have always kept my Danish passport as I am Danish but lived worked payed my tax here in the UK so what is the problem??
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.
The problem is you are not a British Citizen as indicated in your ESTA form, you are a Danish national and you should have indicated this in your ESTA form.
It does not matter that you have lived in the UK for all this time.
May I help further?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

So where it say Country of citizenship
I shall put Danish national, and then Passport Issuing country Denmark? well well I have entered USA twice before under British citizen and never got stopped.

Yes, you need to put in Danish national and Denmark as passport issuing country. You must have got lucky previously.

All the best