13262538

I am a law abiding citizen 62 years of age.my son has social

Customer Question

I am a law abiding citizen 62 years of age.my son has social workers involved regarding his daughter. (Separated not married from her mum)the social worker quite right wanted to carryout please checks on my wife and I. My concern is she is aware I had an incident at work where I was dismissed which didn't involve police.i have never given any one consent to look into my past. Is this allowed? If my granddaughters mum has gained access via the data protection means, is this legal and what redress do I have? This has nothing to do with the case involving my granddaughter
What was the nature of the incident that led to you leaving work?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I was accused of sexeul harassment there was no witness and it was the way I speak more old school.words like babe.sweet heart ect.nothing was proved that anything else happened. But LUL is very political correct.and give no lee way.No police were called and not involved in anyway.i had worked for th company for 40 years and had no previous problems.

For clarity - you were aware of and agreed to DBS checks?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I did not agree to any checks.the first I knew about this was Sunday just gone from social worker. This was brought to my attention prior to agreeing to police check.The police check is clear.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Just to make it clear.i have never been arrested.given statements or cautioned by police throughout my entire life.and never given my consent for my work related issued to be made available to anyone.
Does anyone else in the family know about this incident?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes ,my son ,daughter in law and wife. I believe it only right that they needed to know.they and I know my wife assured me they never told anyone. I can understand if this had been a criminal act requiring police attendance.arrested charged social worker would need to know.and this would be found out via police checks.but no police were involved.this was a work related incident that more and more innocent people I becoming involved in. So I can not see how information can be available without my consent.
Just to clarify - you were actually dismissed for this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes but people at the moment I being dismissed for less.The H&B policy is being used to dissmiss staff without giving them the chance to defend the.selves.ie.bring to the persons attention they have offended someone. My question is how has someone obtained this info.and is this legal?

Did the Local Authority have details of your previous employment
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

This information was not supplied to anyone in the services. On the night in question this is the first time I have seen my grandaughters social worker. When she asked for permission for police checks we I agreed to.we went to a private place and started to ask me about the incident. She seemed to have a lot of information.which I was concerned about because I never saw her or made contact with her in anyway.my grandaughters mum and family will use any means to dirty our side to make access harder for my son and us.its a dirty pointless conflict.

When you say your daughter in law knew do you mean the child's mother?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No not the Childs mother,my sons new partner she wouldn't talk to the Childs mother or family both parties hate each other.

The fact that you were dismissed for this reason is a relevant matter from the point of view of Social Services.
It is entirely possible that your son's ex became aware of it - even if only through rumour - and that the Local Authority then contacted your former employer for more information - as they are entitled to do.
Unless you can prove that your son's ex found the information through misuse of confidential data there is i am afraid no action that you can take.
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks,just one final question. Does this information have to be passed on to my grandIghters mum?

I am afraid so