Thanks. Just to clarify I didn't mean to say I think medical evidence should affect any decision to prosecute, the law is the law I agree. But the issue for me is really how long the Decision Maker in Compliance is taking to reach a decision - which yes will probably be to prosecute but at least if they reached that decision it would be the next step in the process I've moved on to. They haven't even interviewed me yet. Reaching a decision is the only thing I am asking of them - not leeway.
I'm not sure what an 'either way offence' is?
Ok I see. So basically I sit and continue to wait and there's nothing I can do to get them to reach a decision on the next step any earlier than they will.
I assume then this could go on another two and a half years before they could call me in to the local Benefits office for even a first interview or interview under caution, before they would even proceed any further?
If so, then I need to know to set my mind to this eventuality.
If I delay, I will (if it goes to court) be tried in a different name than that under which the offences took place. Which could cause me to be outed in the media as transgender - a risk to my safety and more importantly to my elderly parents peace of mind. That I guess is a separate issue.
May I quickly ask though, why is delay not the prosecutor's friend?
Ok, thank you.