31090051

i bought a car 5 months ago from a large, third party car company

i bought a car 5 months ago from a large, third party car company (second Hand) . it went in for a routine service with the Manufacture and they have picked up that the two rear alloy wheels have crack in them, the car company (manufacture) wont replace them as the car is now no longer under warranty. I bought it from a third party company. and they wont have anything to do with it. i believe i bought the car with the wheels already cracked. what is my best course of action.
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Your claim is only against the company that sold you the vehicle under section 14 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979.
If the wheels were cracked at the time of the purchase then you can argue that the vehicle wasn't of satisfactory quality. Your remedy is to claim damages representing the cost of replacing the faulty wheels.
Happy to discuss further.
Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

As this issues is one that appears to be effected by many BMW owners. if as BMW claim its down to driving over speed bumps and pot holes then surely the wheels are not fit to be used on the uk roads.

with regards ***** ***** against the car company. is it down to me to prove that the wheels were cracked or down to them to prove they weren't??

if i want to send a letter to them from a solicitor is there a particular type that i need?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
The test is whether the wheels are of satisfactory quality. It is for you prove that they weren't and that on a balance of probabilities the wheels were like that when you bought the car. Your contract is with th company that sold you the car. You have no claim against the manufacturer in law although in practice a manufacturer will sometimes accept liability on a goodwill basis where there is an inherent defect, notwithstanding that the warranty has expired.
The solicitor you choose should be one experienced in consumer litigation.