31090051

Hello, My husband over the past six months transferred monies

My husband over the past six months transferred monies from our joint account to his mistress in the amount of over £60k without my knowledge or permission and left the family in debt.
Can I file fraudulent charges against him for deception of a joint account without my permission.
Thanks,
TG
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
No you can't. This is a civil matrimonial issue. It is not a criminal offence. He had access to the account and did not commit a criminal offnce by shifting the money. You will have to deal with this as a matrimonial matter.
Happy to discuss further.
Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello JGM,

I had a feeling you were going to respond to this matter, however I am currently instructing my solicitor to file for divorce (even though my husband's solicitor advise him to talk me into not filing at this stage).

It has now became apparent that over the years he has always controlled the finances, squandered monies, and knew how to disguise the mismanagement of funds. But he slipped this time and this has given me ammunition for preparation of divorce.

Thank you for response