12826847

I am a 68 year old widow. My income is based on my late husband's

Customer Question

I am a 68 year old widow. My income is based on my late husband's occupational pension (now being paid by the Pension Protection Fund) and state retirement pension. I have just entered into a new relationship. If I decide to co-habit with this man, will I loose my pensions?
Have you seen a copy of the occupational Pension rules?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I know that if I were to re-marry that I would loose my late husband's occupational pension.

Does it mention co-habitation?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I don't think so. However, the pension is now paid by the Government's Pension Protection Fund and they may have different criteria. I know that a lot of benefits can be affected by co-habitation. What I'm not sure about is whether the rules of my late husband's occupational pension were taken over by PPF, or whether they introduced new rules, as they took over the payments to the pensioners.

Did they write to you and tell you the terms on which the payments would be made?