12826847

How can i get my husbands will legalised after his death so

Customer Question

How can i get my husbands will legalised after his death so I can get it stamped by the egyptian embassy to enable me to sell my property in Sharm el Sheikh
Are you in the UK?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes i am a white uk citizen and yes I am in the uk.

I can tell you what to do from the UK point of view but wouldn't know anything about Egyptian law?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Well, all i have to do is legalise his will by a solicitor stamp so that the Egyptian Embassy are able to verify that the will is genuine.

Then I am able to continue with the sale.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I dont need to know the Egyptian side just the uk. I desperatelyneed this will legalised.I found it in my husbands draw, just written by himself, no solicitors stamps or anything to say it is legal. This is my problem, it must be legalised first in the uk before it is stamped by the Egyptian Consulate in London.

I'm afraid that it's not as easy as that in the UK.
I would not know anything of the Egyptian Embassy are within the UK, you would need to make an application for grant of probate which then gives you a form from the court duly stamped, authorising you to deal with all the deceased's assets.
Here is an overview from the government website
https://www.gov.uk/wills-probate-inheritance/overview
All you can get a solicitor to make the application for you.