Jenny
Jenny, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
32019188

Hello, I have just been conned out of my life savings by a

Customer Question

Hello, I have just been conned out of my life savings by a psychic medium who promised me a treatment room in her shop for life, & to advertise me, have photo's taken, billboards etc, so I could practice Reiki healing. Unfortunately she waited till i was nursing my dying father to do so & her promises kept changing from a small loan, to shares, & eventually telling me I would be running the whole place. She told me she has land in St Lucia which was up for sale & pulled out her deck of cards vowing that It would be sold in August & she could repay me then, she even said that my fathers inheritance would be available in August too so I need not worry, all untrue of course, as I'm struggling to make ends meet, she was so horrible that she invited herself to my dad's funeral, just to fool me into believing she cared. I have sent a long heartfelt email to her but she just says it is all not true & she is logging all my emails, texts so she has a paper trail of false accusations. I do however have an email from her stating that she owes me £12.455. She has always known that the business was not going to survive in Chapel Market but still continued to groom me into parting with my money. I was shocked that she decided to go on holiday & close the shop for good behind my back. I checked her website & she states that she is still trading via telephone readings & is relocating soon. I understand that this of course is a breach of contract & I worry for all those vulnerable people she may be reading. I have spoken to her accountant who himself hasn't been paid & he says I have no shares & never have had. What would you suggest my next step would be?
Expert:  Jenny replied 2 years ago.
taratill :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. Do you know where she is now based? Is it in the UK?