75100385

Hi Alex, Thanks for all your help thus far. To update, the

Customer Question

Hi Alex,
Thanks for all your help thus far. To update, the registered letter I sent to ***** ***** has been signed for by a Mr Hill (I believe this to be an alias he has used in the past for such things) on 31st Oct. I have a soft copy stored on my computer and also with Post office as a stored item on an account I have set up for this situation.
As yet I have not received any news or update from ***** *****.
Do I wait for the 14 days from 'receipt of my letter' or do I attempt to contact him again?
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

You wait for 14 days from the date of receipt, no matter who it was signed by

Alex Watts :

Does that help?

JACUSTOMER-extuia0q- :

Hi Alex,

JACUSTOMER-extuia0q- :

With regard to the situation with my Sunbeam Alpine, as yet I have not heard from ***** ***** as to the completion or otherwise of my car. What should I do now to get my car back, please

Alex Watts :

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the matter is defended it will be set down for a trial. If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim and you will not need representation.

JACUSTOMER-extuia0q- :

I am trying to get my car back or art least completed, there is no refund involved.

Alex Watts :

Yes. In that case you ask the Court for an order that they deliver up

Alex Watts :

Process is the same but the end remedy is different

Alex Watts :

Does that help?

JACUSTOMER-extuia0q- :

I think so.

Alex Watts :

Ok. Can I clarify anything else?

JACUSTOMER-extuia0q- :

the thing that bothers me is if the car has only a portion of thee initial work carried out (repair wise) am I entitled to pay him for the works carried out?

Alex Watts :

Not really no, but the Court will resolve that one way or another

Alex Watts :

Does that clarify?

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.

If the system won’t let you please click reply.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/