12826847

I own a house on an unadopted road which I am trying to sell

Customer Question

I own a house on an unadopted road which I am trying to sell (I don't live there, it is currently rented to tenants). My next door neighbour has erected storage containers outside the front of his house and across the other side of the road from our houses against a fence which beyond is the railway line. From the looks of things it looks like the storage facilities contain equipment for business purposes rather than just home storage. It looks very unsightly and I believe is making it difficult to sell the property as I have received no offers since putting it on the market.
I have contacted the local council but they say they have no authority as the road is unadopted and Network Rail say they do not own the land so cannot help.
Is there anything I can do to get the storage facilities removed?

Did you contact the planning department?