75100385

hi my name is ***** ***** and i hve had parkinsons disease

hi my name is ***** ***** and i hve had parkinsons disease for 13yrs i hve been on medication ever since so my body became used 2 them , i hve seen many nerouoligists over the years then along comes a new one nuro he was very interested in my case and asked me if i would like too try an new drug out aquamorphinpump spelt wrong sorry it was a needle 5that went under the skin of ur tummy and liquid came out rthat was ur medication from the 26th september i was completly like a mad woman they shld of knwn or even told me the side affects which i got parinoa apparantly i was getting 2 be a danger to myself my family and staff to be honest ihve know recollection off my one and only sons 18th birthday wot i do remember is being restrained by nurses and all i wanted was a glass off water and the toilet they would not let me use there phone as i wanted home or just to hear my mothers voice eventually after such a stink up they let me phone home .i was in the royal exactly 5 months that my behaviour was getting worse i refused medication food and 2 b honest i hve no recollection of f being under 6stone the consultant had gradually taken me off my tabs then i was seen by 3 top physicatrist that didnt knw me from adam that this was not my nature sectioned and detained me under the mental health act and sent me over 2 flat 10 a physcatric hosi were i was gfiven electric shock treat ment somwere along the line i think there was negligience as i was severly depressed is there any thing i can do like take legal actionas i hve no memory og christmas eve day boxing day all my family were up apparantly they didnt seem to know wot to do so when i was in flat 10 they were given me medication backafter about 10 weeks i became myself they didnt see that the pump was to blame i really dont blame my consultant but the physcarists that put me into flat 10 is there any thing i can do
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Alex Watts : Could I kindly ask you to write in long hand not text speak so that I underatand you?
Alex Watts : You had mediaication which the side effects were not explained? Did you see a DR?
Customer:

the aquamorpinpump i

Customer:

it was a new drug my consultant had recomended it

Customer:

yes they werent very helpful only during this bad spell my consultant then told mer and my family when i was apparantly goin mad

Alex Watts :

But they never told you about the drug or its possible side effects?

Customer:

no

Alex Watts :

When was this?

Customer:

it happened last sep 2013 until i got out 27th jan 2014 i feel as if i have lost five months off my life i really angry because i missed ot on my one and only sons 18th christmas eve day boxing day old years night and new years day i feel very hurt and angry how dare they treat me as if i wasnt a human being with a mind that has all facilties its parkinsons ive got not senile dementia

Alex Watts :

How much do you want to claim?

Customer:

ive no idea but uyou know wot doctors and nurses are like the al stick together

Alex Watts :

Potentially you have a claim if you can show they were negiegent.

Alex Watts :

You would need to see a Solicitor to discuss a no win no fee claim otherwise you would have to pay £200 per hour and you wont get legal aid.

Alex Watts :

Potentially though you have a claim if you can show they were negliegent.

Alex Watts :

You will need to see an expert and they will need to produce a report detailing what happened, whether procedures were followed and indeed whether they were negliegent.

Alex Watts :

If the answer is yes then you will have a claim

Alex Watts :

If the answer is no, then you would NOT have a claim

Alex Watts :

Customer:

how can i show that they wrere negligence as there were days the pumpwasnt even in right they they also gave me a patch which had the same side affect and they idnt as if i wanted it on so that was double parinoa

Alex Watts :

Because they never told you what the side effects would be

Customer:

i could not afford 200 pounds

Alex Watts :

I know, but when you go and see a no win no fee Solicitor they may take it on, get an expert report and then seek a Barrister view as to whether it has a merit clai

Alex Watts :

* claim *

Customer:

i just wish some one off my family had took a video of me because there telling me things that happened because i am horrified as that was not my personality at all

Alex Watts :

Indeed. They can give evidence at Court to support your claim if appropriate.

Customer:

who do i contact even an apoligy from the hospitail would do

Alex Watts :

Yes you need to contact a personal injury or medical negligence Solicitor.

Alex Watts :

They can write to the Hospital Trust for you

Alex Watts :

Does that help?

Customer:

do u think i have a case because all my family are annoyed with what happened .

Alex Watts :

Indeed. If your family are willing to give evidence I think you have a claim

Customer:

oh most deffintley they were horrified as well by my behaviour which was starting to lose control iwas being abusive towards my familly stafff nurses and even my consultant

Customer:

that was all down to the new drug it took over my life and im notthe same confident woman i used to be why did they bring in 3 top physiicatrists to detain me under the mental health team