UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I am being taken to Court by HMRC for PAYE/NI plus interest

Customer Question

I am being taken to Court by HMRC for PAYE/NI plus interest going back to 2002. I have been advised by my accountant that they can only go back for 6 years. Who is correct. Am looking for a specialist solicitor in the York area who can help me with this claim. Any suggestions re specialists in HMRC claims please.

I did write an e.mail to you last year but did not go ahead with my question to you.  I go to Court on the 14th. November so need to get my defense to them tomorrow

Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.

HMRC can investigate back up to 20 years so I do not know what 6 years your Accountant is talking about.

You may call Slater & Gordon to see if they can assist:

http://www.slatergordon.co.uk/business-crime-disciplinary-and-regulatory-defence/disciplinary-and-regulatory-defence/hmrc-tax-civil-and-criminal-investigations/
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Am I only allowed one question for my £47?

Do you have another query?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry rushed in to hospital last week with perforated bowel and just out yesterday. Will look in to your reply next week and reply

Sorry to hear about that. Get well soon.