Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

What can I do about a solicitor who will not get a move on

Customer Question

What can I do about a solicitor who will not get a move on agreeing an exchange date and a completion date? There is a chain of 3. My solicitor and the solicitor of the people I am buying the house from are agreeable to a completion (moving) date of next week on 12th November but it is my buyers' solicitor who seems reluctant to agree or even answer my agent and solicitor's communications! The sellers of the house I want are on the point of pulling out as they are as angry as I am. Thank you.
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 3 years ago.

Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.

My name is ***** ***** am happy to assist you with your enquiry.

All you can do is get your Solicitor to fax/email your Buyers Solicitors and give them an ultimatum, saying "unless you are in a position to exchange Contracts within the next X days, with completion on 12th November, then our clients may well lose their Purchase property and would therefore have to to withdraw from the Sale to your clients".

I would also strongly suggest that your Agents phone your Buyer directly to confirm the above, and hopefully the Buyer will give their Solicitor a rocket!

I hope this assists you and answers your question.

Kind Regards

AL