UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
66967392

Help - a canadian national at heathrow now is being deported

Help - a canadian national at heathrow now is being deported and needs help
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for your question, I will be happy to help you today.
Due to the limited amount of time there is not much that can be done, the fact that she is being removed from the UK means that they home office are not satisfied that she will return to her home country if they let her in.
Has she had some family ties to the UK then yes, she may be able to get a right of appeal and my have been allowed to remain the UK whilst a decision was pending but for visitors whom have no family ties to the UK the home office do not grant them permission to appeal the decision, they simply refuse them, entry and inform then that they do not feel the she has met the requirements to be given permission to enter. She would now need to return to Canada and then apply for a visa from there should she wishes to return to the UK.
Unless there are exceptional circumstances or reasons why she is unable to return to Canada and apply from there is little that can be done.
If on the unlikely occasion she has been given a right of appeal she should exercise this , or even ask then to exercise their discretion to grant her enter even for a limited period. This however, is usually reserved for visitors whom have family members in the UK ie wife, child etc
I do apologise but, due to the changes in immigration laws it is difficult to do anything, unless there are as mentioned above, exceptional circumstances that are preventing her from returning to Canada and submitting an application from there, she will be returned.
I hope this answers your question. If however you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question please do not hesitate to ask further questions until you are satisfied with my answer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Please can you confirm that only £30.00 will be debited to my account, this is obviously a one off situation.

Why do you think this young lady was stopped when she had a return ticket to Canada and owns property out there? The immigration official said when she put her in the holding cell 'that's my quota for today'!

Surely Canadian ationals should be treated with more respect than this

Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your reply.
1. Yes after rating my answer only one single payment will be taken, as you have only asked one question.
2. I am not sure why an immigration officer is making such comments but they do sound very unprofessional. The main reason I believe that she is being returned is because firstly her ticket was booked for 5 months after arrival, this indicates to the immigration officer that she does not have may pressing matters to return home to ie work or studies, secondly she also have a boyfriend in the UK which again leads the immigration officer to think that she may overstay in the UK due to her boyfriend.
I understand that this may not be the case but usually the immigration officers are very strict on any visitor whom is unable to convince them that they will return at the end of their holiday. Unless she can convince the immigration officer that she will return to Canada prior to the expiry of her visa she will not be granted entry.
It is a shame that this has happened but , it is not the first and will not be the last, due to the change in immigration rules immigration officers have been instructed to ensure that visitor is genuine before allowing them into the UK.
I hope this answers your question.
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
I hope this answers your question, if so kindly provide a rating so I can get credited for my time.
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience: I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.