29905560

I have been in my current job for over 10 years - until a couple

Customer Question

I have been in my current job for over 10 years - until a couple of months age I was the finance manager. The company was bought out three years ago - I was then the finance director. All the finance was migrated to our Head Office in August and I agreed to a change of role within the organisation but with a reassurance that my salary would not change. Last week I discovered, whilst typing a memo, that I was to be demoted and supervised by a less senior staff member. When I challenged my Manager she just asked if I wanted to do the job or not. I happen to know that the company is struggling with cash flow at the moment and I am sure that they are trying to get me to leave as I know they could employ someone to do the job I now do on a much lower salary. Where do I stand?
Ben Jones : Hello, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Has the employer taken any formal steps to try and change your job?