12826847

Good Evening, earlier on tonight I was waiting to pick up my

Customer Question

Good Evening, earlier on tonight I was waiting to pick up my brother from college, there was someone standing by the gate while i was waiting and i said something to them that i very much regret and in heinsite was very silly! what can i do to minimise any trouble? The person that came and picked her up said she had taken my reg number down.
What would you like to know about this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi,thanks for the quick response, what happend is this. i was waiting for my brother to finsh a late session at college and as it was raining i unthinkingly said to a young lady i guessed around 19 ish, do you want to shelter from the rain as it was a foul night, she quite rightly said no, which is when i realised how stupid it was. then when a nother older lady came to pick her up she said to me she had taken my vehicle details. should i contact the police and put in a formal appology or something?

No, do nothing.
We do not walk into the police station holding our hands in the air. They have no evidence against you and there is no point in giving them any.
If all this person is going to say is that you asked another woman to get into your car then the police will not act. That is not a crime. Obviously it gives rise to an inference but that isn't sufficient.
You do take the risk that they will make a more exaggerated allegation but that isn't something you head off by approaching the police.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok, thanks for your help im just concercerned as i have today started a new job with a different college and they are doing a DBS check etc. would you expect to get a visit from the police questioning it?

Questioning what?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

what happened this evening with the 'incident'?

Yes, they could. It depends what is alleged.
If all this person is going to say is that you asked another woman to get into your car then the police will not act. That is not a crime
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

In the unfourtunate event that it does catch up with me, what can be done to limit the consquences?

Well, you have a defence so you just contest it.