Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
13113900

When i,m left money in my Father's will,can the cheques be

When i,m left money in my Father's will,can the cheques be made out in my wifes name instead of me?
Expert:  Alex J. replied 2 years ago.
Alex J. : Hi thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. Yes this is possible but whoever is making the distribution will likely require written instructions from you and a copy of your wife's ID and marriage certificate - this will be for anti money laundering purposes. Is there a specific reason why you require this? I look forward to hearing from you. Kind regards. AJ
JACUSTOMER-jnnzj479- :

I owe my wife some money,and we also use my wife,s account for savings and this will be much easier for me when the time comes.

Expert:  Alex J. replied 2 years ago.
Thank You, ***** ***** having a problem seeing your response,
My apologies. Can I assist you further?
AJ
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I owe my wife some money,and we also use my wife,s account for savings and this will be much easier for me when the time comes

Expert:  Alex J. replied 2 years ago.
As long as it is not to avoid payment of tax or creditors then there should be no issue with this request. Just be prepared to provide the information I have detailed.
Is it a solicitor making the payment?
AJ
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes.

When the time comes a solicitor will be dealing with the estate.

Expert:  Alex J. replied 2 years ago.
A solicitor is probably more likely to be comfortable with this request but only if they can verify your wife's ID.
Kind regards.
AJ
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thats great,thank you for your help.