12826847

hi , we were sold curtains that were faulty goods and tried

hi , we were sold curtains that were faulty goods and tried to get the retailer to help etc, but they did nothing, so my wife is going through the small claims process and we are now at the stage of a hearing date and about to send witness statements.
My wife does not like speaking in formal type settings.
Can i as her spouse attend court and speak up for her as the plaintiff
kind regards
Paul landers
Jo C. :

Hi. Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this. You are allowed to advise your wife but not speak on her behalf if you get the court's consent to be a McKenzie friend. If you want to speak on her behalf you also have to get the court's consent but then it is to be a lay representative.

Jo C. :

Hi. Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this. You are allowed to advise your wife but not speak on her behalf if you get the court's consent to be a McKenzie friend. If you want to speak on her behalf you also have to get the court's consent but then it is to be a lay representative. In both cases, she is still going to have to attend court