75100385

Hi, On Sunday 26th October my 13 year old daughter reported

On Sunday 26th October my 13 year old daughter reported me (her dad) to the police accusing me of gripping her round the neck 4/5 days earlier. The social workers informed me that they found no evidence of this and neither did the police ie. no marks/bruising. This also just happened to be a night on which I wouldn't let her stay out babysitting. The police are today doing a video interview with her. I have no history of violence and there are no witnesses. The social workers also informed me that it is obvious she is capable of spinning a good story. My obvious concern is what may happen next ? What could I potentially be charged with and what are the associated punishments? Thankyou.
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Alex Watts : I can underatand that you are concerned. Gven the nature of the allegation against a minor the police will have a duty to investigate.
Alex Watts : They will gain the evicence, Interview you for your version and then the matter will be handed to the CPS
Alex Watts : The CPS must be sataified there is a realistic prospect of conviction before charge. If not they will take no further action
Alex Watts : If you are charged and it goes to court then You can plead guilty or not guilty.
Alex Watts : If you are convicted you are likely to get a Community a Order which is Probabtion and have to pay some compensation
Alex Watts : But if you did not do it, there were no witnesses and there are no marks I would hope that the CPS would drop it.
Alex Watts : But the police will have a duty to investigate
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer:

That's all. Thanks