12826847

I am an adjoining owner - my neighbours are going to build

Customer Question

I am an adjoining owner - my neighbours are going to build a one-storey extension and intend knocking down the Party Wall Fence, and putting foundations under my property but I have not been given details of exactly what they are going to do. I have not been asked for written consent to anything. Are these foundations advisable? How should I react to builder when he comes to knock down wall etc?

What I really would like to know is whether the placing of foundations under my property is inadvisable in any way.  I know there are alternatives and that the foundations can be placed solely on the building owners' land but it would cost them more .  Would it be advisable to try and insist they do NOT put foundations on my land?

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Please cancel question and refund me the charge - I can imagine it is too difficult a question and I really need an answer today latest.

Please confirm cancellation and refund.