75100385

our neighbour has put a sign in hergarden saying that she owns

Customer Question

our neighbour has put a sign in hergarden saying that she owns the land thatshe has a right to walk over and the buyer is delaying completion date can we make the neighbour remove the sign and stop any further harassment
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

We will wait for an answer as we need to resolve our problem thank youthank you

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Who owns the land the sign is on please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The neighbours it is in their front and back garden facing our property
So its on their own land?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes buyer wants sign removed before he will complete the purchaseplease help us if can thank you.

Its bad news I am afraid.
Sadly the neighbour can put whatever sign they want (within reason, ie offensive) on their OWN land. You can not make them remove it.
This is not a criminal matter and if it went to Court you would have to convince a Judge that a non offensive sign on a persons own land ought to be removed - that would be hard.
The only thing I can think of is if you speak to your local Planning department. There may be a planning contravention by having a sign erected.
I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.