UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

Do I need a tv licence for using a computer?- this is just

Do I need a tv licence for using a computer?- this is just purely used for email , ebay and listening to music on you tube. It states On the TV licence website that you need a licence only if you watch TV programmes as they are broadcast, which we dont! Its just me and my autistic child live here and neither of us watch TV Programmes! Where do i stand on this matter?
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.
If you do not watch TV programmes, you do not need a TV licence.
May I help further?
Hello Carleen,If you are not watching TV on your computer as it is being broadcast, you do not need a TV licence. I see you have left a negative review, please let me know if you need further assistance so that you change your review to positive.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Well come on you only write a few words down- You could explain to me in bit more detail ! what about programmes on youtube? Now dont pop to many brain cell now... Will ya!

Ha ha. Youtube does not count as watching TV as it is broadcast, so you do not need a TV licence to watch youtube.
See here for confirmation on this from TV Licensing themselves
http://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/faqs/FAQ33