75100385

Electric works on a new built:I was quoted £2400 to finish

Electric works on a new built:I was quoted £2400 to finish of second fix electrics and an electric certificate to be issued. Electricians had to do additional work . I agreed to pay for maetrials, There was no discussion by the firm re costs of additional works as they had to do some more wiring than planned. They have now send me an invoice which is 3 times the agreed price and have out in an hourly rate of £25+VAT for the plumbers hourly rates. Do I have to pay this excessive sum ?Also the work is still incomplete and a certificate hasn't been issued . They have titled this invoice as interim invoice
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Alex Watts : For now please let me know whether You accept they did additional work outside of the original quote?
Customer:

yes they did

Customer:

However majority of the work within the agreed quote is incomplete and they have created more work by removing plaster boards and tiles for which I am having to pay a tiler and a plasterer

Customer:

They expected to complete 2nd fix electrics in 5 days and said this will be a job for 2 people. Quoted a sum of £2400 including Vat based on their hourly calculation of £30 per hour. 1 guy worked 5 days a week, another worked 3 days a week, on and off for upto 2weeks but they haven't completed 2nd fix electrics as it appears to have ta***** *****er than they expected. I do not live on site so I do not know exactly how many hours of days they have worked

Alex Watts :

They are entitled to a reasonable fee for reasonable amount of work outside the quote.

Alex Watts :

What I would do is get 3 quotes from other people for the 'outside quote' work

Alex Watts :

You then know what a reasonable fee is.

Alex Watts :

You can then pay that fee and just that.

Alex Watts :

You can refuse to pay more. All they can do them is accept the fee or take you to a small claims Court for the balance

Alex Watts :

They would then have to show that the fee charged was reasonable. You will have the 3 quotes from others to show that it was not reasonable and any claim would fail.

Alex Watts :

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.

If the system won’t let you please click reply.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/

Customer:

thank you excellent