UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
66967392

I live with my British Partner who claims housing benefit as a single

I live with my British Partner who claims housing benefit as a single parent as well as income support. I was granted 2.5 yr leave to remain as a father of our child in 2013. I have a part-time job (10hrs per week) and she's obviously unemployed. My question is will I be refused an extension as I don't pay any rent and her benefits remain intact as she hasn't declared living with me?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Dear Nicola,

Thanks for the reply. I am ok with continuing to wait for an answer Please.

Abraham

Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for your question, I will be happy to help you today.
If the benefits are not connected to you then it will not effect your extension of stay in the UK. I recommend that you either get her to pay her benefits or that you rent another property where you pay the rent.
The fact is that if you are living with her and she has not declared this, then she could be fine but the council or some action can be taken against her. I would therefore recommend that she either states that you are also residing in the property or you start paying rent and renting another property to live with your son.
I hope this answers your question if however you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question please do not hesitate to ask further questions until you are satisfied with my answer.
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience: I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.