13262538

how much will advice cost me please as i am on a benefit My

Customer Question

how much will advice cost me please as i am on a benefit My husband has left me and he is paying the mortgage but I only have a benefit of £432.00 a month to cover the bills I took in a lodger to help She paid £400 deposit and £400 rent in advance with £100 rent to be paid each week we filled in and signed a tennant agreement. she was here for one month and 1 week the month was already paid for so did not get anymore untill october However I later decovered that she was a alcohic more than once i had tho pick her up of the floor I informed her sister and in the end i told her sister to collect her as i could not take anymore now i just get texts saying i have to pay her £900.00 and threatening to take me to court. I have photo evidence of the wine spillage on the matress and the carpet also damage in the bathroom next to the toilet where she has cracked a panel which is new and i may have to replace the whole side what do i do

How much has she paid you in total and how many weeks was she there?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

She paid £400 deposit and £400 1 months rent in advance, she moved in in september, and she did not pay any rent until october when she paid me £100 for a week. on th thursday of the week i called her sister to come and get her.

I know i did not give her a months notice, but I did not know that she was a alcholic i gave her chances and she promised me she would not do it again but she did.

I have paid her £200. which is half of her deposit and £50 of the weeks rent she paid.

Please do not worry you have done nothing wrong.
her behaviour was such that a week's notice was not appropriate and you have returned that part of her deposit that was not forfeit and the balance of the rent for the week she left.
Keep the photographs that you have and the receipt for any work done or items replaced and then if she does take any action against you then you can defend it.
If she ocntinues to harass you with emails and texts then you should not respond at all - and you should report her to the police
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thankyou

that has made me feel better about the situation

regards

christina cousins

You are most welcome - I am afraid I suspect you will get texts when she is drunk - do report them to the police