75100385

Dear Sir/Madam I am an international medical doctor, and I

Dear Sir/Madam
I am an international medical doctor, and I applied for a postgraduate MSc. In one of the UK universities from May to June, all ours emails remain as a document , and I did all the requirements in time , with remembering them that I have to apply for visa I needs time , even before 40 days before the starting date of my course I remembered them but they gave me the offer in the deadline they send it to me on 17th Oct. and they wrote is valid till 17th Oct. !!!??? Immediately I confirmed it and I send (5000£) as a deposit money , they gave me my CAS number on 21st Oct. ,so I applied on 22nd , I paid on 23rd my appointment was on 27th Oct. even I bought tickets for 8th Nov. thin I changed it to 11th nov. Because deadline of my course is 12th Nov, I tried a lot with my university but they said simply we defer it for you to next year !!!?? Or because We was the cause of delay, we will retain back your deposit money, What about my losing time with them from May till now ? What about money that I paid it for visa , for express ( DHL shipment) , for IOM certificate, for buying tickets, for changing it , for IELS exam , all of it will be expire till next year !!?? Although it was mistake of university not me why after 6 months they send to me offer and they know any visa processing at least needs 3 weeks ?!? I lost money and times also could you please tell me your recommendation I will be appropriate
Thanks a lot for your help in advance,
Kind regards,
Lona
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thanks a lot for your effort , I appreciate that .

yeas please I am still waiting for answer , if you don't mind kindly be continous.

regards,

Lona

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
You want to get your money back, is that right?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I would like to add more information regarding my issue with the university, actually during May and June when I applied to this university for a master degree by online form application that proved by an email , they accept IELTS 6 with no less than 5.5 in each skill for this study that I applied, but at the same time they provide pre sessional English program for those their score is less before the master study ,for example PSE S3F (October) started for those IELTS 5:0 with no less than 4:0 in any band for 11 weeks, cost from 2800-3000 , and PSE S4F ( November) will start for those IELTS 5:5 with no less than 4:5 in any band from 11th November till 20th December ( 6 weeks ) cost 1600£, so they put me for November because my IELTS score ( speaking 6 , listening 6,reading 5,writing 5 ) so over all 5:5 I have with no less than 5 and my exam will be expired on 23rd may 2015 , so they said to me If 12th November I was not in UK Although it is their mistake because they gave me offer so lately they will defer me for next year but I have or to do another IELTS for new year or because they modified the site now for IELST 6:5 with no less than 6 in any band for next year so I have to pay more money and attend longer course of this PSE , and my main course which is master that I applied before 6 months it will start on 21st January, but the PSE will start on 11th nov. , from 20th nov till 20th Dec. is Christmas holiday, so I bought tickets but still my passport is in the British Embassy in Jordan and I am afraid also because the university wrote in my CAS number date of issue 21st October and deadlines 12th November so how the British Embassy they now that I did my application from May but the university gave me the CAS in the dead line !! Of course they blame me they think I did my application so lately ,so they will may be refuse giving me even visa because of deadline, please can you help me regarding my situation??!!
I tried a lot with my university to waive this PSE or to extend the deadline for me on my responsibility or any alternative course but they are not accepting any things although they lead me to this situation?!
Regards,
Lona
So is it you want to get your money back?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This is one point but no actually more I dont want to lose my postgraduate study
You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the matter is defended it will be set down for a trial. If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim and you will not need representation.
You can also complain to the Ombudsman. They offer a free independent service and can investigate your complaint. Their website is http://www.oiahe.org.uk
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks but what about my study? There is no any solution for that ?!
You would need to get the Ombudsman involved?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Dear Alex thanks a lot for all of your information, could you please tell me regarding the steps you declared it to me if needs money or not ? I means I have to pay for these also or they will help me freely? And I should have a lawyer for this or not need ?
Thanks for your help I app that
Regards,
Lona
You will need to pay some court fees but if you win you can claim those back.
Does that help?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you so much, and what about lawyer , do I need to have a lawyer for this or not need?
Thanks for your help
No you can do this yourself.
I hope that helps, please do remember to rate.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Dear Alex
I send an email to the university for a legal answer regarding my situation, they answered me like that, can you give me your opinion?! Thanks
system on that day. We operate a paperless application process and normally your application would appear on a processing report the next day. Unfortunately, for reasons we are looking into, this did not happen and we therefore were unaware of your application until 22nd July. As soon as we were aware of your application we send you an email request for further information and this was received by us on 4th August and passed to tutor. On 14th August a request for clearer transcripts, clearer IELTS, the additional Dermatology Information form and Previous Study in the UK form was received from the tutor, Madeleine Flanagan and this was then requested from you. We received this information back on 29th August and it was again passed to Madeleine.
We run a weekly list of outstanding applications which are forwarded to the Admissions tutor. Again, for reasons we do not understand, your details did not appear on this report so we and Madeleine were unaware that your application was outstanding until you contacted us at the beginning of October. As soon as we contacted Madeleine she made an offer for you for Semester B entry to the Masters conditional upon you passing Pre Sessional English. As I have said, we are looking into why your application failed to appear on two of our processing reports – this should not have happened and I can only apologise for this.
I understand that there was then a small delay in issuing your CAS as we needed further clarification on your previous visits to the UK. Unfortunately you were unable to obtain your visa in time to commence the Pre Sessional English course.
I understand that Hannah has previously summarised the three options now open to you:
1. To undertake a new IELTS test and meet the requirement for an overall band score of 6.0 with no less than 5.5 in each band. This must be done in sufficient time to enable us to issue you with a new CAS and you to then apply and be awarded a visa in time to commence the Masters course in January
2. To defer your entry to the Masters course until September 2015 and either take our Pre Sessional English course in the summer or sit a new IELTS test to meet the entry criteria. Please note that the entry criteria for September 2015 entry has increased to an overall band score of 6.5 with no less than 6.0 in each band – you will be expected to meet this revised criteria should you decide to defer to September.
3. Apply for a refund – I will send you the relevant forms if you decide to take this option
Once again, I am sorry that a failure in our processing reports caused delays in your application process.
Please let me know which of the three options you would now like to take up.
Thank you for the update.
You can still go via the Ombudsman.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Pleas I want to study this year as I lost a lot of times and money ? Could you help me ? Does the ombudsman can do anything thing for me ?
Thanks for your help in advance
Lona
I cant act for you as this is against site rules.
But go to the Ombudsman as I have suggested, they should be able to resolve the complaint for you.
Does that help?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok thanks a lot for you , yeas it help , ok I will contact them , and then I will give you any update with my issue.Thanks a lotLona