31090051

A car insurance company I had never been with wrote my car

Customer Question

A car insurance company I had never been with wrote my car off, after numerous calls they admitted it was a mistake and amend d error. So now I would like to claim for compesation for all the calls and stress I have gone through. How do I go about this.
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
What you do is ask for your insurance company's complaints procedure and follow it, intimating a claim for compensation. If the insurance company deny the claim you can then send a complaint to the financial services ombudsman who will investigate your claim and make a decision.
You can read about this here:
http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk
Happy to discuss further.
Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

So I have to go through my insurance and not just direct to this other insurance who wrote my car off by mistake is this right.?

Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Sorry, I should have said "the" insurance company as opposed to "your" insurance company. Any claim you have is against he company that made the mistake.