UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

What is the worst that can happen - I didn't phone the person

Customer Question

What is the worst that can happen - I didn't phone the person that accosted me. I just rang the general number and a Chinese lady answered, although the last time I pressed option 5 - accounts
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.
When did you last call?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

On Friday - it says "choose option 1 for.. 2.. 3..." etc; I used to just get through to the general information option - a Chinese lady, but on Friday I rang her in the morning and the accounts in the afternoon - option 5; I didn't want to harm anyone I just get so angry

The test is whether a reasonable person in your position would have known that such action constituted harassment. The worst that can happen is you could be arrested by the police and convicted for harassment resulting in a sentence of up to 6 months and/ or a fine of up to £5000.
You may read more about this here
http://www.harassmentlaw.co.uk/book/ch2.htm
Of course nothing may happen in 6 months and you will then be covered by the 6 months limitation period.
All the best
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

What is the worst that can happen - can I go to prison?

If you have no previous convictions and seeing that you did not make any actual threats, you could be ordered if convicted to do community service and not sent to prison.

All the best