31090051

How long can you own a council house before you can put it

How long can you own a council house before you can put it in a will for one member of a family if there is more than one can the others contest the will
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
You can leave a bought council house in a will to whoever you want from the date that you buy it.
The clawback provision that apply to a resale within three years don't apply if you die.
Also your family can't contest a bequest of a house as it is heritable property and you can leave it to whoever you want.
Happy to discuss further.
Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

If this was set up that my sister paid for the house but my mum signed for it for the discount that's why it was willed to her. Do not know if I can prove it. Can you help me.

Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
If your mother left the house to your sister in her will, you can't contest it under Scots law unless the will was made by your mother when she was unable to manage her affairs.