31090051

Hi , I bought a second hand motorhome early last week off a

Hi , I bought a second hand motorhome early last week off a vehicle dealer, he said it had been mechanically checked and was all ok for me to drive it home from near nottingham to devon, there was a squeeky belt when i drove it off , I stopped rang him , and he said it would be fine to get me home , and may just need a new belt soon , and to send him the bill for that hmm , I broke down putting my life on danger on the m42 at night , the rac man said the alternator was was lose and the belt was also lose and possibly the wrong belt . he tightened it up and i went on my way , next morning doing the last leg the belt sheered off , the motorhome over heated , and blew the radiator and the engine head needs replacing , it could be 2000 pounds , i have rac paperwork and receipt form him . what are my rights here ?? many thanks , great service !
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
As you bought the vehicle from a dealer the provisions of the Sale of Godds Act apply. That Act says that goods have to comply with how they are described and have to be of satisfactory quality. Unless you were told otherwise you are entitled to expect that the vehicle works and that it wouldn't break down within a matter of hours.
You are entitled to reject the vehicle and get your money back or get it repaired and claim the reasonable cost of doing so from the dealer.
Happy to discuss further.
Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.