12826847

I am electrician. I need solicitor who would outline terms

Customer Question

I am electrician. I need a solicitor who would outline terms and conditions to include on my invoices to encourage on time payments. The T&C would also explain actions and fees applicable if invoice is not paid on time.

At the same time the T&C should not sound harsh to discourage customer from coming back

Expert:  Alex J. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question and welcome.
My name is ***** ***** I am a commercial lawyer.
Do you normally issue written estimates or pro forma invoices before the work has started?
AJ
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello, thank you for your interest. Some jobs do get writeen estimates but the other especially the small ones dont get written estimates

Expert:  Alex J. replied 2 years ago.
The problem is to bind your customers to standards t and c s you need to make them aware of the t and cs before agreeing to start the work.
You do this by either printing them on the back of an estimate, directing the customer to your website or giving them a copy. You have to actually give the customer advance notice of them otherwise they won't be binding.
It is no good putting them on an invoice after the work is complete. Can you put a system like this in place? For example do you have website?
AJ
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes I have website and could put the standard t c on there but I dont even know what the standard tc are (shame). Could you help in that matter pls?