12826847

I was arrested and asked to attend court to face a charge of

Customer Question

I was arrested and asked to attend court to face a charge of assault x 2 and s38 drunk and disorderly. I have no recollection of the incident, can I find out prior to the court case who i assaulted and what possible action can be taken?
They must have put the facts to you in interview?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I was not interviewed. I was given the charge sheet as I was released.
Is this common assault or assault of a police officer?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I do not know. The charge sheet States assault x 2. I really have no recollection of the events, but I have been told there was an altercation with a nightclub bouncer,which led to my arrest.
It is common assault then.
You will be handed the papers that the Crown rely upon at the time of the first appearance in court. There will be an opportunity to go throw them with your solicitor before the case is called on.
There is no way of getting them before that time I'm afraid.
Also, the papers that the Crown rely upon are obviously not always complete with all of the information relevant. If you are contesting this then you might need to make a defence statement to get sight of more information. That isn't usually the case with this type of allegation and your solicitor will deal with it if it does arise.