13262538

My girlfriend and I are thinking of selling our individual

My girlfriend and I are thinking of selling our individual houses and purchasing one together. However, there is a large disparity in the relative capital that we will invest (circa 120k:60k) and I would like to know where we would stand should we separate further down the line. It is also possible that the house would be in my name only. Secondly, I have an additional property (buy to let) in my name only. Would that be taken into consideration upon separation?

My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
The best way to deal with this disparity is by signing a Declaration of Trust making t clear what shares you will each have in the property - this is the case whoever is named as the owner.
Assuming that you do not marry and she never makes a financial contribution to the buy to let property then she will have no claim upon it
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details