12826847

If I have a court summons under one name, and change my name

If I have a court summons under one name, and change my name by deed poll before my court appearance, under which name will I be tried?
If you have changed your name by deed poll then the court would amend the charge sheet to your new name.
If it just that you are using another name then the court would try you under your own name.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I would change name by deed poll. I do not want adverse publicity attached to my current name. So to clarify, If I change name by deed poll no reference my previous name would be made in court?

No.
They would refer to your previous name and the press may report it.
But the court would amend the actual charge sheet.
What often does happen, if the press do become interested, is that they report as Y formerly known as X.