UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

INSOLVENCY - NON UK RESIDENT I do not seem able to

Customer Question

INSOLVENCY - NON UK RESIDENT
Hell I do not seem able to log in. My clieny is a national and resident of Mauritius with certain UK property assets. An ex business associate petitoned for bankruptcy in the UK in her absence and she was made banlrupt without her knowlege and her legal advisers have proved pretty incompetent. She is in the Uk now, has met the Trustee appoited to act and paid the Creditor in full and an annulment will be sought shortly. The trustee has to publish a notice in the UK for any potential unsecured creditors but DOES THE TRUSTEE HAVE TO ADVERTISE A PUBLIC NOTICE in MAURITIUS AS WELL. Given the personal and sensitove nature of this she is anxious for the trustee not to do this, entirely for personal. There are no creditors in Mauritius or anywhere else. Thank You. Joseph Laporte
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.

No, there is no requirement under UK law that the Notice be also published in Mauritius.

Unless it is a requirement under your local Mauritian law, the notice does not need to be published there.

May I help further?