75100385

I want to exchange a pallet of unopened roof tiles for a diffrent

I want to exchange a pallet of unopened roof tiles for a diffrent sort, both lines are not discontinued we have had them for 3 months and will pay for redelivery, Sandtoft say they hve a no returns policy even on unopened goods, i cannot find this policy in any part of their documentation provided on line, should i be allowed to exchange?
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

For now please let me know why you have waited 3 months?

Customer:

Uk Power had to be involved as a power cable had to be moved unexpectedly water damage, we had to wait 8 weeks for them to complete resiting of power cable from one part of the roof to an end gable.

Alex Watts :

By law do they have to take it back - no

Alex Watts :

Under the Sale of Goods Act you have a limited time to reject goods if they are faulty.

Alex Watts :

Here they are not faulty you simply want to return and exchange them

Alex Watts :

That is down to the discretion of the company

Alex Watts :

For example Argos say you can exchange up to a month - but they dont have to

Alex Watts :

There is no law that says you can even return goods which are not faulty if you have changed your mind

Alex Watts :

I am sorry if this is not the answer you are looking for and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest

Alex Watts :

Customer:

No thats clear enough, thank you anyway, I will have to try any persuasive powers I may have